WREKIN NORTH RIDING CLUB
Keeping your personal information safe is very important to us. We are committed to complying with privacy and data protection laws and being transparent about how we process personal data.
We have policies, procedures and training in place to help our volunteers understand their data protection responsibilities and follow the data protection principles.
How we collect personal data
We may collect your personal data in different ways, for example:
- when you, your parent or guardian communicate with us by post, telephone, SMS, email or via our website
- from the information you provide to us when you make an application to become a member of the Club.
- as you interact with us in other ways such as a supplier or contractor, or in any other capacity
- Informing members and non-members about Wrekin North Riding Club events and services
- Provision of training to individuals
- Running events and camps
- Dealing with complaints and appeals
- Undertaking safeguarding activities
- Processing expenses
- Volunteer administration
- Volunteer recruitment
We only collect personal information that we genuinely need.
This may include:
- Contact details such as name address, email address and phone numbers
- Credit card details and any purchases you have made
- Date of birth and gender
- Name of your parent or guardian (if you are under 18)
- Name and contact details of any next of kin where you are attending an event or other emergency contact number.
Membership applications, administration and renewals
We will use the information that you provide to us to process your membership application and renew your application if appropriate. We will email and post you information about events, courses, our services and other items of interest, as part of your membership. You can opt out or unsubscribe from receiving this information if you wish. Our legal basis for using your personal information in this way is for the performance of a contract.
Informing non-members about Wrekin North Riding Club events and services
If you opt in to our mailing list we will use the information that you provide to email and post you information about our events, courses, our services and other items of interest. You can opt out or unsubscribe from receiving this information at any time if you wish. Our legal basis for using your personal information in this way is consent.
Provision of training courses to individuals
If you sign up to one of our training courses, we will use the information that you provide to us to process your registration and provide the course to you. Our legal basis for using your personal information in this way is for the performance of a contract.
Provision of assessments to individuals
If you apply to undertake one of our exams or tests, we will use your information provided to us to process your application and enable you to undertake the test. This will include sharing some of your information with the examiner. It may also include sharing your results with your trainer / coach, Our legal basis for using your personal information in this way is for the performance of a contract.
Running events and camps
If you register for one of our events or camps, we will use your information provided to us to process your registration and enable you to attend and participate in the event or camp. This will include sharing some of your information with our volunteers that run the event or campsOur legal basis for using your personal information in this way is for the performance of a contract.
Dealing with complaints and appeals
If a complaint or an appeal is raised with us, we will process the personal information that is provided to us to manage and resolve the complaint or appeal. This may include sharing relevant information with an affiliated organisation, such as The BEF, BHS or another riding club, a coach, welfare officer or other organisation, depending upon the nature of the complaint and the area it relates to. Our legal basis for using personal information for this purpose is to fulfil our legitimate interest and fulfil our objective of resolving complaints in a careful and appropriate manner.
Undertaking safeguarding activities including DBS checks and casework
When necessary, we process relevant personal information about members, volunteers, coaches and for safeguarding purposes. This might include undertaking DBS and other checks to identify any criminal and other activity we need to be aware of and casework. It may be necessary to share some personal information with relevant authorities such as the police, The Safeguarding Advisory Board and an appropriate member of the respective Member Body – such as The BEF, The Pony Club or a BRC Riding Club (as appropriate to the safeguarding activity). Our legal basis for this processing is to meet our legal obligations.
We will use your personal information including your bank account details to process expense claims. Our legal basis for using your information for this is for the performance of a contract.
If you provide us with information about yourself, such as a resume or curriculum vitae, in connection with a job or volunteer application or enquiry, we may use this information to process your enquiry. We will not store this information for any purpose other than that relating to your application. Our legal basis for using your information in this way is for our legitimate interest.
Our legal basis for processing personal information
Our legal basis for the purposes that we process personal information is for the performance
We may process personal information because it is necessary for the performance of a contract to which you are a party (or to take steps at your request prior to entering a contract). For example, we may process your personal data:
- To issue or administer a membership
- To administer a training course or event
- To supply merchandise you have ordered from our online shop
We may collect and use your personal data if it is necessary for our legitimate interest and so long as its use is fair, balanced and does not unduly impact your rights.
We will ask for your consent to send you marketing emails and text messages. You can withdraw consent for this at any time.
Usually we will only process sensitive personal data if we have your explicit consent. In extreme situations, we may share your personal details with the emergency services if we believe it is in your ‘vital interests’ to do so. For example, if someone is taken ill during one of our events.
Sharing personal information
We will only share your personal information where we are required to fulfil our contract with you, or legitimate interest, where we have your consent, or we are required to do so by law.
We may share your personal information with third party organisations who will process it on our behalf, for example a mailing house, our website administrator or printers.
If necessary, we may also share your information with caterers, course providers, referees, and coaches.
We may also share your information with our bank to process a payment; our professional advisers (such as our legal advisers) where it is necessary to obtain their advice; and our IT support and data storage providers.
We process employee personal information to fulfil our contracts with our employees and meet our legal obligations as an employer.
Where required, we will process personal information to comply with our legal obligations. In this respect we may use your personal data to comply with subject access requests; tax legislation; for the prevention and detection of crime; and to assist the police and other competent authorities with investigations including criminal and safeguarding investigations.
Transferring personal data outside of the EEA
We will not transfer your information outside the EEA
If you no longer wish to receive communications about products and services from us, please contact firstname.lastname@example.org. You can also unsubscribe at any time to emails that we may send to you about the products and services that we think will be of interest to you.
You also have the right to:
- Request a copy of the information we hold about you. Requests should be addressed to email@example.com. We will respond within 30 days of receiving your written request.
- Tell us to change or correct your personal information if it is incomplete or inaccurate. Please contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org
- Ask us to restrict our processing of your personal data or to delete your personal data if there is no compelling reason for us to continue using or holding this information. Please contact us at email@example.com.
- Receive from us the personal information we hold about you which you have provided to us, in a reasonable format specified by you, so that you can send it to another organisation. Please contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org
- Object, on grounds relating to your specific situation, to any of our processing activities where you feel this has a disproportionate impact on you. Please contact us at email@example.com
We will hold your personal information for as long as is necessary. We will not retain your personal information if it is no longer required. In some circumstances, we may legally be required to retain your personal information, for example for finance, employment or audit purposes.
- We will keep membership records indefinitely, in order to administer our membership scheme
- We will keep records of events and camps for 6 years
- We will keep financial records for 6 years
If you are not satisfied with our response to any query you raise with us, or you believe we are processing your personal data in a way which is inconsistent with the law, you can complain to the Information Commissioner’s Office whose helpline number is: 0303 123 1113.