Your Safety is important to us so please take time to read the rules carefully.
The Committee, Judges, Officials and Organisers reserve the right to require anyone, who does not adhere to the Club’s rules and regulations, to leave the showground, at any point.
HEALTH AND SAFETY
The Club and the Committee has taken reasonable precautions to ensure the health, safety and welfare of persons and animals attending the show. Everyone visiting the Riding Club is required to comply with the Health & Safety Policy to ensure not only their personal safety but also that they do not place others at risk. For Health and Safety measures to be effective, everyone must take all reasonable precautions to avoid and prevent accidents occurring and must obey the instructions of the organisers, officials, and stewards at all times. Children must remain under the supervision of a responsible adult at all times and adults are expected to take due care.
All entries are at the competitor’s own risk. Wrekin North Riding Club and/or the organising committee cannot be held responsible for any accident, damage, theft, injury or illness to horses, ponies, riders, owners, grooms, ground spectators or any other person or property whatsoever.
- Hard hats of EN1384, PAS015, or prefixed with ASTM or SEI standard are strongly recommended.
- Hard hats MUST be worn when mounted, with a correctly fitting, three-point chin-strap.
- Juniors MUST wear hard hats in all in-hand classes.
- Hard hats MUST be worn in the fancy dress class.
- Competitors who do not adhere to these rules will be dismissed from their class.
- It is recommended that body protectors of BETA standard 3 or above are worn, plus a show jacket.
- We strongly advise juniors to wear a body protector in jumping and working hunter classes.
- Juniors are not to have reached their 18th birthday by January 1st 2019.
- No galloping around the showground and no cantering around the parking area. Please use esignated warm-up areas.
- Horses MUST be under control at all times.
- Any horse known to kick MUST wear a red ribbon in their tails.
- Stallions MUST be handled by 14 year olds and over ONLY and must be bitted.
- The committee reserves the right to refuse entry at any time. No refunds will be given on the day. Any refund request must be given in writing to the show secretary with the reason for the request, which will be put to the committee for consideration.
- The committee reserves the right to cancel, amalgamate or change any class without giving a reason.
- The judge’s decision is final in all classes.
- Any objections must be made in writing to the show secretary within 20 minutes of the incident accompanied by a deposit of £25.00, which will be forfeited if the decision is overruled.
- Excessive use of the whip or spurs or particularly rough handling will lead to dismissal from the class.
- No spurs are to be used in the Ridden M&M Classes.
- No Whips or Spurs to be used in the Ridden Veteran.
- Juniors must not use spurs in any class.
- The judge, in any class, has the right to refuse entry to anyone they consider not suitable for their mount.
- If there is any abuse of any judge or other person then that competitor or spectator will be required to leave the showground.
- No horse under 4 years of age is to be ridden in any class.
- No horse can compete more than once in a class.
- Non-competitive entries will not qualify for a jump off.
- Horse and rider combinations are allowed to compete in 3 consecutive jumping classes only.
- Pony and rider combinations, if having competed on the lead rein, must remain on the lead rein all day. The only exception to this rule is for entries into the Getting Started Show Jumping Class.
- No jump may be attempted more than 3 times. The only exception to this rule is for entries into the Mini Jumping Class where there are no eliminations except after a fall. After elimination from any class the competitor may continue the course at the judge’s sole discretion.
- No Jumping of equipment whilst being put away.
- No person is allowed to enter the rings, except judges, officials and competitors.
- Where possible if classes clash, then we will try to wait for the competitor, however this is not guaranteed.
- Horses which have been in contact with an infectious disease must not attend any event. Current vaccination certificates and passports may be asked for.
- Children are to be supervised at all times.
- DOGS are to be kept on a lead at all times.
- Any dog foul must be cleaned up and taken home by the owner.
- Liability for damage caused by dogs rests with the owner.
- No dog is to be left in a hot car or appropriate action will be taken.
- Do not drop litter on the showground and take any rubbish home with you, or place in the bins provided.
- Do not muck out horse boxes or trailers on the showground.
- No liability will be accepted by the committee or organisers for accidents, damage, injury or illness to any person, animal or property whatsoever.
- Concession entry fee rates will only be given on the production of a current Wrekin North membership card, or with the presence of the members name on the show secretary’s list of current members.
- Points towards the annual awards and trophies will be awarded from the date membership is taken out or renewed. Backdating will only be considered to the previous show from the joining or renewal date
- At least 2 shows must be attended with the same horse and rider combination, entered in the same class, for points to count.
- Double points will be awarded in the 19 May and 8 September show.
- It is the member’s responsibility to check the accuracy of the points table on the website or with the points secretary.
- Any queries must be registered with the points secretary, Diane Rohan within 14 days of the results being posted and any queries after this time will not be considered.
- Any member shown to have been abusive in any form or to any person while at a WNRC event, or bringing the club disrepute elsewhere will have their membership suspended.
WARNING-EQUESTRIAN ACTIVITIES CAN BE DANGEROUS
Riding can be a dangerous sport and despite the organisers taking all reasonable precautions, accidents can still happen. In respect of this, you are present at your own risk