Wrekin North Riding Club Rules
Wrekin North Riding Club Rules
The Committee, Judges, Officials and Organisers reserve the right to require anyone, who does not adhere to the Club’s rules and regulations, to leave the showground, at any point.
HEALTH AND SAFETY
The Club and the Committee has taken reasonable precautions to ensure health, safety and welfare of those attending the show. Members of the public and competitors are equally responsible for ensuring that they do not put themselves or others at risk and ensure they cooperate with the organisers in complying with health and safety legislation.
- Hard hats of PAS015, or prefixed with ASTM or SEI standard are strongly recommended.
- Hard hats MUST be worn when mounted, with a correctly fitting, three-point chin-strap.
- Juniors MUST wear hard hats in all in-hand classes.
- Hard hats MUST be worn in the fancy dress class.
- Competitors who do not adhere to these rules will be dismissed from their class.
- It is recommended that body protectors of BETA standard 3 or above are worn, plus a show jacket. The Committee strongly advise juniors to wear a body protector in jumping and working hunter classes.
- Juniors are not to have obtained their 16th birthday by April 1st 2020
- No galloping around the show-ground and no cantering around the parking area. Please use designated warm-up areas.
- Horses MUST be under control at all times.
- Any horse known to kick MUST wear a red ribbon in their tails.
- Stallions MUST be handled by 14 year olds and over ONLY and must be bitted.
- The committee reserves the right to refuse entry at any time. No refunds will be given on the day. Any refund request must be given in writing to the show secretary with the reason for the request, which will be put to the committee for consideration.
- The committee reserves the right to cancel, amalgamate or change any class without giving a reason.
- The judge’s decision is final in all classes. Any objections must be made in writing to the show secretary within 20 minutes of the incident accompanied by a deposit of £25.00, which will be forfeited if the decision is overruled.
- Excessive use of the whip or spurs or particularly rough handling will lead to dismissal from the class.
- No Whips or Spurs to be used in the Ridden Veteran.
- Juniors must not use spurs in any class.
- The judge, in any class, reserves the right to refuse entry to anyone they consider not suitable for their mount.
- If there is any abuse of any judge or other person then that competitor or spectator will be required to leave the showground.
- No horse under 4 years of age is to be ridden in any class.
- No horse can compete more than once in a class.
- Non-competitive entries will not qualify for a jump off
- Please consider your horse’s fitness when entering classes. We reserve the right to refuse entry for any horse entered for more than 3 classes with a jumping element if considered appropriate by the committee.
- Pony and rider combinations, if having competed on the lead rein, must remain on the lead rein all day. The only exception to this rule is for entries into the Getting Started Show Jumping Class.
- No jump may be attempted more than 3 times. After elimination the competitor may continue the course at the judge’s sole discretion.
- No Jumping of equipment whilst being put away.
- No person is allowed to enter the rings, except judges, officials and competitors.
- Where possible if classes clash, then we will try to wait for the competitor, however this is not guaranteed.
- Horses which have been in contact with an infectious disease must not attend any event. Current vaccination certificates and passports may be asked for.All equines must have been vaccinated within 12 months
- Children are to be supervised at all times.
- DOGS are to be kept on a lead at all times.
- Any dog foul must be cleaned up and taken home by the owner.
- Liability for damage caused by dogs rests with the owner.
- No dog is to be left in a hot car or appropriate action will be taken.
- Do not drop litter on the showground and take any rubbish home with you, or place in the bins provided.
- Do not muck out horse boxes or trailers on the showground.
- No liability will be accepted by the committee or organisers for accidents, damage, injury or illness to any person, animal or property whatsoever.
29 Concession entry fee rates will only be granted to members named on the show secretary’s list of current members.
- Points towards the annual awards and trophies will be awarded from the date membership is taken out or renewed. Back-dating will only be considered for the previous show from the initiation date
31 At least 2 shows must be attended with the same horse and rider combination, entered in the same class, for points to count.
32 Double points will be awarded at the 17th May and 12th September Open shows.
33 It is the member’s responsibility to check the accuracy of the points table on the website or with the points secretary Diane Rohan
34 Any queries must be registered with the points secretary, Diane Rohan within 14 days of the results being posted and any queries after this time will not be considered.
35 Any member shown to have been abusive in any form or to any person while at a WNRC event, or bringing the club disrepute elsewhere will have their membership suspended.
WARNING-RIDING CAN BE DANGEROUS
Riding can be a dangerous sport and despite the organisers taking all reasonable precautions, accidents can still happen. You are present at your own risk.
18th February 2020